A downed wire sparked a brush fire and then set an outdoor generator ablaze on a Sagaponack property on Monday afternoon.
The Bridgehampton Fire Department was notified of the blaze at 757 Daniel’s Lane, off Townline Road, at 2:42 p.m., and responded with an engine.
Chief Gary Horsburgh was among the first on scene and reported that a live wire started the brush fire, followed by an electrical problem with a generator. The house was not reported on fire.
The fire chief called for assistance from PSEG Long Island to shut off power in the area. A Southampton Town fire marshal was also called to confirm the cause of the incident.
At about 3:15 p.m., the fire department’s tanker truck was called to the scene. At about 3:45 p.m., tankers from the East Hampton and Sag Harbor fire departments were called to the scene.
An ambulance and fire police were also standing by.