On the Police Logs 11.24.11

East Hampton
Sharon Dickinson of Water Mill told police that someone trespassed last Thursday at a building being renovated on Accabonac Road. Ms. Dickinson will be the manager at a mental health establishment that is being worked on there. She and some painters left the building on Nov. 16, and when she returned the next day, she noticed that paint buckets had been moved and that the shower was wet. All the windows and doors were locked. The painters had access to the keys, she said.

A man yelled obscenities at Beth Johnson and Colleen Stonemetz in the East Hampton High School parking lot during after-school hours on Nov. 16. The women said they were parked in the student drop-off zone when the man walked toward them, “screaming and using obscene language.” He wanted Ms. Stonemetz to move her vehicle. Police found the man in the high school. He said he “was not aware that they were allowed to park there” and that “this was the first time he had been to the school.” He was told that there were children of all ages at the school for an evening play rehearsal and that he should refrain from using such language there.

Jamie Carillo reported on Nov. 14 that a former friend of hers continues to call and send text messages to her and her daughter even though she has asked him not to. Police spoke to the man. Ms. Carillo said she would press charges if the calls do not stop.

East Hampton Village
Bazwal Sangster told police that a woman shoplifted approximately $100 worth of items at CVS on Nov. 15. The woman placed the items in her purse, and when she left the store the security sensors went off. When Mr. Sangster approached the woman, she admitted to having stolen the items and handed them over to him. Police told her not to return to the store.

A man driving along Race Lane on Nov. 16 said he saw several men stealing rolls, bagels, and newspapers from Hampton Market Place, which had been gutted by a fire the night before.

After going fishing at Georgica Beach, Wesley O’Donald returned to his vehicle on Nov. 16 to find that the driver’s-side window had been broken. Also, a yellow Stabila level, valued at $150, had been taken from a toolbox in the back of the truck.

Elaine Hayes reported a suspicious minivan with two people in it last Thursday in the parking lot of Special Effects Salon. By the time police arrived, the van was gone.

John Adams said a mini excavator belonging to Gregor Well Drilling was parked on his property on Spaeth Lane on Friday. Police spoke with a representative of the company, who said the excavator would be moved in the morning.

Purses that were reported stolen from Kelly Roark and another woman on Nov. 13 at the Montauk Yacht Club were in fact not stolen. According to an employee there, the women were enjoying themselves at a wedding and did not realize that the purses remained where they had left them, under a table.

A 12,000-pound Warn electric winch, valued at $1,500 and belonging to Antonio Leicht, was stolen from a house on Upland Road sometime between Oct. 14 and Saturday. Mr. Leicht said he kept the winch and some other items at the house, which his friend owns.

A wooden stairway’s landing near the intersection of Captain’s Walk and Water’s Edge Road was marred by graffiti on Nov. 2, according to Herbert Fiero, the president of Barnes Landing Association. The damage was estimated at $100.

Gerry Ferrara of Southampton told police that he argued with Albert Fowler of Montauk over a film projector at a house on Wainscott Stone Road on Nov. 16. Mr. Ferrara said he wanted to remove his projector from the house, and Mr. Fowler, the property manager there, “pushed him in the driveway.” Mr. Fowler said he did not push Mr. Ferrara, who left the premises with his projector.


How come this rag news papper places victims names in their papper so much and rarely the perpetrator"s? Talk about adding insult to injury. How tacky and tasteless. Goes to show you that money doesn't buy class.