D.W.I., Possession Charged

    It was swerving and speeding that drew an officer’s attention to a car driven by a drunk Noyac resident in the early hours of the last day of January, Sag Harbor police said. According to a report, Brendan H. Clavin, 23, of Noyac Road did not keep his 1999 Toyota sedan in the correct lane as it rolled down Division Street at about 40 miles per hour, 10 miles over the speed limit, at about 3 a.m.
    During a traffic stop on Rysam Street, Mr. Clavin was said to be unsteady on his feet and performed poorly on sobriety tests. A breath screening given at the roadside yielded a .23-percent blood alcohol level, police said. During his processing police found what they said were two small bags of marijuana in his pants.
    He was arraigned before Sag Harbor Village Justice Andrea Schiavoni later that morning on multiple driving while intoxicated charges and a single count of marijuana possession.
    In another alcohol-related matter, Sag Harbor police arrested Carlos G. Morocho of Birch Street, Noyac, after an officer pulled him over for allegedly speeding in a school zone on Hampton Street on Monday. A record check showed that Mr. Morocho, 31, had been ordered by a court to install an ignition-control device on any vehicle he drives, which he did not do, police said. He also had his driver’s license suspended in September 2010 after a D.W.I. conviction and faced a further suspension for failing to pay a fine in that case. Justice Schiavoni released him on $200 bail.
    East Hampton Village police arrested Wilson E. Ordonez last Thursday on a warrant after he failed to appear in East Hampton Town Justice Court on D.W.I. charges dating from Dec. 24. Mr. Ordonez, 33, had been stopped on Woods Lane on Christmas Eve and arrested on suspicion of D.W.I. An officer went to his house on Cedar Ridge Drive in Springs to make the latest arrest. Justice Catherine A. Cahill released him on $300 bail after a Friday morning arraignment.
    Luis G. Ordonez, 35, was arrested at East Hampton Town Justice Court on Jan. 30 after he turned himself in on a warrant for failing to show up for a court date. Justice Cahill released the East Hampton resident after he posted $1,000 bail. East Hampton Village police had arrested him on suspicion of D.W.I. in September 2010.
    Village police also reported the Jan. 30 arrest of Anibal E. Urgiles, 30, of Oakview Highway, East Hampton, who, they said, was driving despite his registration having been suspended for an insurance lapse. He was stopped when a license plate reader detected a problem with the vehicle’s numbers.
    After police checked with the Department of Motor Vehicles, they discovered that Mr. Urgiles’s license had been suspended in 2004 after a D.W.I. conviction and that he had not renewed it. Police released him on $200 bail after booking him on two misdemeanors: aggravated unlicensed driving and driving with a suspended registration.