Ford Stuck on a Large Rock

    A 3 a.m. crash that left a car straddling a large rock on Monday led to the arrest of John A. Albarracin-Barahona, 27, of East Hampton on a charge of driving while intoxicated.
    An officer responding to a report of a car crash at the end of Boatheader’s Lane in East Hampton came upon a 1997 Ford sedan with Illinois plates that had run off the road into a large rock. The car ended up stuck on top of the rock with its engine running, police said, and Mr. Albarracin-Barahona lying in the back seat, his feet sticking out a rear door. The driver’s door was open, as well, and another man was in the front passenger seat.
    Mr. Albarracin-Barahona allegedly failed roadside sobriety tests and was arrested and taken to headquarters. There he took one breath test, which failed to produce a reading, and then refused additional tests, the police report said. Bail was set at $750 later that day.
    In other news of the roads, Artin B. Devletian, who is 41 and lives in New York City, was arrested at about 4 a.m. on Aug. 1 after he was seen having trouble staying in the proper lane on Montauk Highway near Jericho Road in East Hampton, according to police, before coming to a complete stop in the middle of the highway. Subsequently charged with driving while intoxicated, he refused to take a breath test at the station house, police said. Bail was set at $150 later that day.
    East Hampton Village police arrested a New Orleans woman, Sheena A. Mannina, 24, at about 3 a.m. on Aug. 1. She allegedly ran a red light on Main Street and was driving an estimated 63 miles per hour in a 30-mile-per-hour zone. At village police headquarters, she reportedly said she had had two glasses of wine. East Hampton Town Justice Lisa R. Rana set bail at $300 that same day.
    On the evening of July 29, Todd L. Cunningham, a 53-year-old East Hampton resident, was pulled over at Landing Lane and Old Stone Highway in Springs. The officer did not conduct field sobriety tests, as she was worried about Mr. Cunningham’s ability to stand, the report said. Charged with D.W.I., he was released to a third party because of concern for his health. He is due in town court today.

The Solo Headlight
    Henry A. Obadiah, 46, whose license bears a Bellmore address but who told the court Friday morning that he shares an apartment on West 57th Street in Manhattan with his girlfriend, was arrested a little before midnight last Thursday and charged with D.W.I. Mr. Obadiah was driving west on Montauk Highway in Montauk with one headlight out, police said, moving at an unusually slow speed of 10 miles per hour, when he made a right turn onto the circle at the Plaza, tires hitting the sidewalk as he turned.
    At the station house a breath test gave a blood alcohol reading of .12, according to the police report.
    Mr. Obadiah’s girlfriend later came into the courtroom as he was being arraigned, the bail set at $350. She was given directions to town police headquarters in Wainscott, where she went to post bail. On her way to her car she said she had reminded her boyfriend several times to get the headlight fixed.
    An officer responding to a three-car collision on Route 114 in East Hampton at 6 p.m. on July 28 ended up arresting one of the drivers, Derek Trulson, 46, of New York City. According to the report, Mr. Trulson was driving a 2013 Porsche south on Route 114 and approaching the traffic light at Stephen Hand’s Path when he looked down for a moment, not realizing the light had turned red, and slammed into a 2008 Acura driven by Michael Portera of Greenwich, Conn., who in turn rear-ended a 2006 BMW driven by Harvey Maltz of Naples, Fla., which was stopped at the red light.
    Mr. Trulson was agitated, police said, and failed two of three roadside sobriety tests, leading to his arrest. At headquarters, his breath allegedly tested at .07, which is considered driving under the influence, as opposed to driving while intoxicated. He was released with a future date in court.

Man in Black
    James B. Hepburn, 36, who gave his address as the Westminster area of London, was arrested on a D.W.I. charge on Friday at about 2 a.m. Police had received a call about a gray Range Rover being driven erratically on Montauk Highway in Wainscott, and soon after that an officer watching traffic saw the vehicle go by, headed east, reportedly doing 55 in a 40-mile-per-hour zone.
    Mr. Hepburn later refused to take a breath test at the station house, police said. Such a refusal normally results in an automatic suspension of all driving privileges, but in Mr. Hepburn’s case his license had already been suspended in November after he pleaded guilty to driving with a blood alcohol level of .08 or higher.
    Standing in front of Justice Catherine A. Cahill in East Hampton Town Justice Court later that day, wearing a black polo shirt, black slacks, and shiny black boots and represented by Ronald Meltzer, a Manhattan attorney, Mr. Hepburn told the court through Mr. Meltzer that he lived in England but had two daughters living in Wainscott whom he visited for two weeks every two months.
    Justice Cahill said that besides the 2011 conviction, he’d recently been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol in Los Angeles and that the new charge in Wainscott was a felony because he’d been convicted of D.W.I. within the past 10 years.
    His lawyer argued that, because of his daughters’ presence in the area, Mr. Hepburn had a strong connection to the community and was not a flight risk. After weighing the circumstances and the charges, Justice Cahill set bail at $5,000.