Stumbling Around on a Sunday Afternoon

       Pablo L. Estrada was too drunk to buy beer.

       According to a clerk at Montauk Beer and Soda in Montauk, who phoned police, Mr. Estrada stumbled into the South Embassy Street store at about 3 p.m. on Nov. 3, a Sunday. When the clerk refused to sell him anything, Mr. Estrada got into his pickup truck and drove away.

       An East Hampton Town police officer responding from the Montauk station to the call saw Mr. Estrada’s pickup roll through a stop sign at South Euclid Avenue, then swerve across the double lines. Pulling him over on South Embassy Street, the officer was surprised to see Mr. Estrada get out of the vehicle holding an unopened 40-ounce bottle of beer.

       A report indicated that Mr. Estrada was barely able to stand and had to hold onto the driver’s side door to remain upright. Police said they found two nearly empty bottles of beer under the driver’s seat of the pickup.

       After checking conviction and license records, police said, they learned that Mr. Estrada, 31, had had his driver’s license revoked in 2005 and 2006 for alcohol-related incidents. They later determined that he had been convicted of driving while intoxicated in East Hampton Justice Court in 2006 under a slightly different name.

       Police impounded Mr. Estrada’s pickup and took him into custody on aggravated unlicensed driving and two D.W.I. charges.

       He was unable to come up with $15,000 bail set by Justice Catherine A. Cahill the following day at his arraignment and was turned over to the Suffolk Sheriff’s Department to be lodged in the Riverside jail.

       A woman who Sag Harbor police said drove her 2001 Audi into a parked car on Madison Street, then walked away, was arrested on Friday after a search.

       After hearing a loud crash from the street, Alex Gonzalez, who was visiting his aunt, ran outside and saw a woman who turned out to be Rebecca J. Lundahl, 64, of Cove Road, Sag Harbor, standing near the cars. According to a report that Mr. Gonzalez gave police, Ms. Lundahl seemed “a little off” when he tried to talk to her. She then got back into her Audi and tried to drive away, making it only about 10 feet because of how heavily it was damaged.

       Getting out of the car, she walked away in the direction of Henry Street. Police eventually found her standing in a driveway at the corner of Division Street and Jermain Avenue, and charged her with D.W.I. and leaving the scene of an accident. She was arraigned before Sag Harbor Justice Andrea Schiavoni and released without bail but with a future court date after entering a not guilty plea.

       On Oct. 27, town police said, an officer arrested Rody D. Tapia of Roosevelt Avenue, Springs, on a D.W.I. charge after he was involved in a motor vehicle accident near his house and drove away from the scene.

       Mr. Tapia was drunk, according to police, when he plowed his 2009 Audi sedan into a 1991 Nissan parked alongside Roosevelt Avenue, belonging to Michael Parrella of Sag Harbor.

       A town police officer arrived after taking the accident call to see three men standing near a car that matched a witness’s description. Upon inspection, the officer noted driver’s-side damage to the Audi and blood on its steering wheel.

       Mr. Tapia, 34, then appeared on the house’s porch with blood on his face, policed said, and admitted that he had been drinking.

       Because he had been convicted of D.W.I. in an earlier incident, Justice Cahill set bail at $10,000, which Mr. Tapia provided, and he was released.

       Also on Oct. 27, East Hampton Town police arrested Xavier R. Deleg-Urgiles, 28, of Montauk Highway in East Hampton, who was stopped by an officer on Three Mile Harbor Road for allegedly swerving. Police charged him with driving while impaired and released him on $100 cash bail.

       A first-offense D.W.I. charge was lodged against William M. Condon, 35, of Rocky Point on Nov. 5. Police said he had crashed his employer’s van into a utility pole on Cedar Street in East Hampton at about 4:30 p.m.

       Mr. Condon told police he had been checking his global positioning system in the Okey Plumbing and Heating vehicle when he drifted across the roadway, toppling a pole near the Heritage Farm Lane intersection. Police kept him in the van until an East Hampton Fire Department volunteer said that fallen electric lines presented no danger.

       However, when able to get close to Mr. Condon, an officer noticed signs of intoxication. He was handcuffed and seated in a police car. During an inspection of the van, police said, an officer found an open can of Sierra Nevada beer and an open bottle of wine. Mr. Condon did not have a valid driver’s license, according to the report.

       East Hampton Town Justice Lisa Rana released him without bail after a Nov. 6 arraignment.

       A speeding stop on Montauk Highway on Napeague at about 8 p.m. Friday led to the arrest of a Holbrook man on charges of unlicensed driving and marijuana and amphetamine possession.