By Sally Susman
Michael Shnayerson
A new book in Arcadia Publishing’s Images of America series, “Bridgehampton’s Summer Colony,” by Julie B. Greene
End of the line: The Butter Lane, Bridgehampton, railroad trestle was built in 1895. Boardinghouses at the time would send carriages to pick up their guests. Bridgehampton Museum

By Richard Barons
The Plum Island lighthouse, seen in a 2009 photograph, was built from 1869 to 1870 at the northwest point of the island. It was deactivated in 1978. Robert Hefner
The firemen’s quarters on Plum Island, built in 1910 and photographed in 1998, is the only remaining building at the site of the 1898 parade ground. (Photograph does not reflect current conditions.) Robert Hefner
By Carole Stone
Jill Bialosky Catherine Sebastian
Local book news

By Stephen Rosen
Walter Isaacson Patrice Gilbert
By Carole Stone
Mark Doty Dimitris Yeros
Local book news
By Dan Giancola
Howard Levy Tom Artin
At the Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill and the South Fork Natural History Museum in Bridge­hampton