A collision with a steel buoy left a long gash in the port side of the race boat Stuart Haymim and Joey Imprescia were riding in during their record attempt.
Sean P. Ludwick, right, who is accused of driving drunk in a crash that killed his passenger, left Southampton Town Justice Court with his attorney Daniel J. Ollen on Friday after a schedule appearance before the judge.
In 1960, as the Winterthur Museum celebrated the opening of its Dominy clock and furniture shop recreations, N.N. Tiffany, left, and Richard A. Corwin, officers of the East Hampton Historical Society, admired a painting of the old Dominy house on North Main Street, with the shops on either side. The painting, part of a mural created for Winterthur's then-new South Wing, was lost when the wing was demolished some years ago.
East Hampton Historical Society
These two millstones, now in the collection of Charles Keller and Glenn Purcell, formed the front doorsteps of the Dominy house. East Hampton Historical Society
Dudley Roberts Jr. saved the Dominy shops from the wrecker's ball and had them joined together to form a gentleman's retreat on the dunes off Further Lane. The woodworking shop was fitted around the clock shop, whose exterior shingles can be seen within it. The furniture in this 2006 photo was Chris Browne's. East Hampton Historical Society
A late 19th-century view of the Dominy clock shop interior. By then the family had long ceased clockmaking; these clocks would have been awaiting repair. The photograph shows the original 1798 lathe, tools and tool shelves, and wood shutters to bar the door at night. In Winterthur's recreation, part of the wooden wall over the lathe was eliminated to let visitors peer in.Historical American Buildings Survey
A decline in horseshoe crab numbers has spurred calls for greater protection of the ancient species.
Thomas E. Mahnken Jr.
The East Hampton Post Office