Arts

Paintings by Paul Resika will be shown at Lawrence Fine Art in East Hampton in the show “Boats and Sails.” It will open today and run through July 14. The Drawing Room in East Hampton will present concurrent solo exhibitions of work by Mel Kendrick and Thomas Nozkowski from tomorrow through July 25.
Bay Street Theater in Sag Harbor will present “Stuffed,” a new comedy about food, fat, and fearlessness written by and starring Lisa Lampanelli, a two-time Grammy nominee, on Saturday evening at 8. The venue will barely have time to catch its breath before launching the three-week run of “The Last Night of Ballyhoo,” its second Mainstage...
The Barynya Ensemble, a New Jersey-based Russian music and dance group, will showcase folk dances from areas in and around Russia in a one-hour performance at the Southampton Cultural Center on Saturday at 6 p.m. Six dancers and three musicians will perform.
“That’s Amore!” a free concert celebrating the musical heritage of Italy and its influences on composers in North and South America, will take place Saturday evening at 7:30 at the Montauk Library.
The Thunderballs, a roots reggae band featuring N.L. Dennis, a singer-songwriter who is a prominent member of the Western Jamaica music scene, will perform outdoors at the Southampton Arts Center on Saturday from 6 to 8 p.m.
The Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill will present a concert by Lafayette Harris Jr. and his quartet tomorrow at 6 p.m. as part of the museum’s “Jazz en Plein Air” series.
A recital of music for flute and piano, which will include the premiere of a new composition by Daniel Koontz, will take place Sunday at 3 p.m. at Christ Episcopal Church in Sag Harbor, where Dr. Koontz is the organist.
“Jazz for Jennings,” a benefit for the Bridgehampton Child Care and Recreational Center, will bring seven prominent jazz musicians to the Watermill Center on Sunday at 12:30 p.m. for brunch and a concert.
Thomas Moran, one of America’s most important landscape painters, spent most of his summers in East Hampton between 1879 and 1922, and in 1884 he built the first artist’s studio here, on Main Street across from Town Pond.