Police responded on Saturday afternoon when two people sitting in front of the post office on Gay Road refused to leave. An officer spoke to a man and a woman, both in their 60s, and they eventually moved along.
An East Hampton native with a ­Fl­or­ida address was arrested Saturday evening on charges he had cocaine ready for sale.
The East Hampton Town fire marshal's office said an overloaded power strip in the school's science room was to blame for a small fire on Monday.
While free on bail and awaiting sentencing on a conspiracy charge related to an August drug bust in Montauk, Kevin L. Becker, 30, was arrested on a felony drunken-driving charge on Friday.
A fire broke out on the roof of a house in the Landfall section of Northwest Woods in East Hampton last Thursday after workers from an unlicensed company, doing renovations without a building permit, burned construction debris in a fireplace.
A man stole a Speedo bikini bottom from Plaza Sports back in July, according to a report released this week. The manager, Jill Fuchs, called police on July 17. Officers were not able to find the man.
A Bridgehampton teen was arrested in East Hampton Saturday night in connection with a threat of violence to be carried out at the Southampton High School Homecoming after-party.
East Hampton firefighters quickly knocked down a fire at a house under renovation on Hedges Banks Drive, in the Landfall section of Northwest Woods, Thursday morning.
Sag Harbor Village police arrested three people for alleged drunken driving over the weekend.
A woman called police when she found what she thought was a human bone on the beach on the evening of Sept. 26. It turned out to be a whale vertebra, and police disposed of it.
"Most of us think of human trafficking as something that’s happening across foreign borders. But it’s happening right here, right under our noses — sex trafficking, labor trafficking," said Paula Bess Smith, a Shinnecock activist helped organize a...
About 125 firefighters from six fire departments responded to a fire at the billionaire's estate that took nearly three hours to extinguish Friday night.
Firefighters fought flames for about three hours after a fire started in the attic at the billionaire investor and philanthropist's East Hampton house.