Author Information

Articles by this author:

  • Bunky was a real writer’s cat. When I would sit down at my laptop, he would jump onto the desk and circle around my workspace. He was of the belief that the keyboard was the perfect resting place. I would gently dissuade him from lying on the keys. He would eventually give in, moving to the side or the back of my laptop, and lie down. Sometimes he would watch me, and sometimes he would sleep.

  • William C. Hurley of Sag Harbor, who admitted to being drunk when his pickup truck hit a BMW driving in the opposite direction on Route 114 last year, injuring the driver and her 6-year-old son, was sentenced on Tuesday to two years in state prison.
  • Donald Torr will serve five years probation. The Suffolk County district attorney's office had recommended prison time.
  • Police were on high alert Friday and local schools were briefly put on lockdown as officers from nine departments conducted a townwide search for a despondent man who had fired a shotgun at his house in Springs.
  • Extensive surveillance system pays off as four men are arrested.
  • East Hampton Town police made two felony arrests last week in addition to those reported on the front page of this issue.

    Edwin Robles-Bravo, a marble worker headed west in a company pickup truck on Further Lane in Amagansett Saturday afternoon, lost control of the vehicle just past the Skimhampton Road intersection, police said. The truck plowed through a “No Trucks Allowed” sign before rolling over.

  • Valon Shoshi, who was arrested after police said he fired a shotgun in his family's house in Springs then fled in a car, was freed Saturday morning and has been ordered to undergo immediate psychological treatment.
  • Update: East Hampton Town police identified Valon Shoshi, a 28-year-old living in Springs, as the armed man they took into custody earlier on Friday after a three-hour search.
  • Update, 1:12 p.m.: East Hampton Village Police tweet — local schools were put on lockout precaution as local police were attempting to locate a despondent subject - situation had been resolved

    Update, 12:46 p.m.: Schools that had been put in lockdown were reportedly told all was clear.

  • A judge has dismissed a drunken-driving charge against Mosel Katzter, whose vehicle was involved in a roll-over accident on Aug. 4 that sent him and three passengers to the hospital.

    “I was not intoxicated the night of the car accident,” Mr. Katzter said in an email to The Star. He blamed the accident on faulty brakes. “Too late for me, I found out the hard way that my car model was recalled twice in the last five years for braking problems.” 

Blogs by this author: