D.W.I. Charged After Fight

A fight that broke out inside the Point Bar and Grill in Montauk on Saturday night led to a drunken-driving arrest. 

East Hampton Town police were told that two suspects had fled in a black Kia, which was subsequently stopped on South Emerson Avenue near South Edgemere Street for speeding at around 9:40 p.m. Lindsey E. Dambra, 35, of Massapequa was behind the wheel of the 2018 Kia, which police had clocked doing 45 miles per hour in a 30-m.p.h. zone. She appeared to be intoxicated and was charged with misdemeanor D.W.I. at 10:30 p.m. She was released on her own recognizance.

"The only reason I got behind the wheel was because I was afraid for my life," Ms. Dambra said by phone. Her boyfriend was bleeding from the face and could not see, she said. 

Police spoke to those involved in the fight, one of whom was in the car with Ms. Dambra, and they declined to press charges, and declined medical attention, as well.

In East Hampton Village, a Flanders man was arrested on a felony drunken-driving charge on Friday. Police received a call about an erratic driver in a black sport utility vehicle on the wrong side of the road near the CVS store on Montauk Highway. An officer then spotted an S.U.V. coming out of the CVS parking lot and heading west without using a directional signal before driving into the center lane near Cove Hollow Road around 12:44 a.m. 

Luis Humberto Baclocon, 35, was behind the wheel. Police said he appeared to be intoxicated when they pulled him over. He was unable to find his identification right away. When he did, he held it in his mouth and gave the officer his debit card instead. He was given several field sobriety tests, which he failed, police said. He was unable to take a breath test because of his level of intoxication. 

He was placed under arrest and taken to police headquarters. Because of a previous conviction of aggravated driving while intoxicated in July 2017, he was charged with felony aggravated D.W.I. His vehicle was impounded. Mr. Baclocon was sent to the Suffolk County jail when he was unable to post $3,500 bail following arraignment later that day.