Mother Called for Help

    A Springs man, James P. Fabrizio, 21, was arrested on Nov. 25, after his mother called police from her Manor Lane residence. Although the incident report was heavily redacted, a misdemeanor charge of fourth-degree criminal mischief indicates that Mr. Fabrizio damaged property in or around the house, and two charges of harassment in the second degree indicate that he used physical contact at some point.
    His mother called police from her cellphone, asking for help. When officers arrived, Mr. Fabrizio locked himself in the house. Police finally did gain entrance and arrest him, though he resisted attempts to take him out of the house. Police said he suffered injuries but refused medical treatment.    
    East Hampton Town Justice Lisa R. Rana granted his mother an order of protection against him the next morning before releasing him without bail. He has a future date in justice court.
    In March, Mr. Fabrizio’s blood-alcohol content was recorded at .19, well over twice the legal limit, following his arrest on a charge of driving while intoxicated, records show.
    Sag Harbor police arrested Francisco J. Lopez, 47, of that village, on the morning of Nov. 27, after he allegedly punched Natalia Salazar in the face and knocked her to the sidewalk in front of the Golden Pear. Ms. Salazar was in the restaurant when Mr. Lopez walked in and began arguing with her. The two left the restaurant, still arguing, and were seen shouting at each other, police said, when Mr. Lopez punched the woman.
    He was charged with a misdemeanor, assault in the third degree, and released with a desk ticket on $100 bail, with a future date in village court.
    Also in the Harbor, a domestic dispute late Friday night led to the arrest of Jong J. Ji, 43, of Main Street, who was charged with two misdemeanor offenses against a woman with whom he lives.
    The two had been arguing over a cellphone, the report says, in a second-floor bedroom, when the dispute became physical. Mr. Ji allegedly put the woman in a choke hold, using his legs. She broke free and ran downstairs, but he followed and threw her down on a couch several times, injuring her neck. She then ran outside and managed to call the police, who arrested Mr. Ji soon after.